Paint an 8 x 10 Freehand Portrait of a Young Woman
Learn how to paint a 6-hour 8" x 10" portrait of a woman FREEHAND, using the acrylic glazing technique, step-by-step!
In this course, you can watch over my shoulder as I paint a portrait of a lovely young woman wearing red sweater on an 8" x 10' acrylic on canvas. I recorded every minute of this 6-hour portrait, from start to finish.
Here's some of the things you will learn...
- How to sketch confidently, freehand.
- How to prepare your sketch for painting so your colors don't get muddy
- What colors to choose and how to use brushes and mediums for the glazing/ layering technique in acrylic
- What colors to use to create realistic skin tones and how to layer them
- How to balance out the subtle effects of two different light sources
- How to make a smile look pleasant and realistic
- How to paint hair that looks like it's really hair.
- How to make your portrait look like the person you're trying to paint
- And more!
Enroll today, below, and get 24/7 instant access to all the lessons. All the lessons are pre-recorded and ready to go. No waiting. Watch them anytime, as much as you want.
Look forward to teaching you!
P.S. Let me know if you have any questions, either now, or after you enroll. I'll be happy to help!
Here's a Painting One of My Students is Working On...
Join the class below!
Since 1993, Matt has been painting portraits in acrylic, both on commission and for exhibition at art shows. In the last few years, he has been teaching students locally and worldwide how to use their God-given gifts and create beautiful paintings they can be proud to show. Currently, he lives in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin with his wife and three children. When he's not painting or teaching, he enjoys spending time with God, his family, and enjoying nature.