Paint a Colonial Portrait in Acrylic, Step-by-Step
Learn how to paint a portrait with full length people and a beautiful country background, using the acrylic glazing techniqueWatch Promo
In this course, I will show you exactly how to paint this beautiful portrait, or use the techniques to create your own.
You will learn:
- How to mix paint with matte medium to produce traditional renaissance-style glazes that make your painting super-realistic.
- How to layer value and color slowly and methodically to make your paintings glow.
- How to mix colors for skin tones.
- How to build up depth in your backgrounds so the people look fantastic.
- How to make big changes in your painting using opaque paint even when it's almost done.
- How to use a small brush to create exquisite detail even in small areas.
- And much more!
Approximately 2 hours of recorded video
Enroll below! Special 50% off enrollment until the end of Sunday, 8/17/19. Use coupon code: HALFOFFCOLONIAL19
How it works:
- Enroll today, via the button below.
- Video lessons will be uploaded daily, starting Monday, 8/19/19 for the next two weeks.
- You have lifetime 24/7 access to all lessons. Watch any time, replay, at your leisure.
BONUS! As a student, you will get a side-by-side video critique, at your request, anytime withing one month after you enroll. This can be a real help if you feel stuck while painting.
Enroll today. Let me know if you have any questions!
Yours for Better Portraits,
P.S. As with all my courses, your satisfaction is guaranteed. 30 days--full refund--no questions asked. No risk to you, just enjoy the class. I look forward to teaching you more!
(Realistic Acrylic All-Access students will have access to this class as a part of their membership.)
Since 1993, Matt has been painting portraits in acrylic, both on commission and for exhibition at art shows. In the last few years, he has been teaching students locally and worldwide how to use their God-given gifts and create beautiful paintings they can be proud to show. Currently, he lives in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin with his wife and three children. When he's not painting or teaching, he enjoys spending time with God, his family, and enjoying nature.
StartSupplies and Materials Needed (6:09)
StartStep 1: Raw Umber Dark Layer (16:02)
StartStep 2: Indian Yellow and Raw Sienna Layer (4:47)
StartStep 3: Painting the First Layer on the Clothing (5:09)
StartStep 4: Darkening the Trees (8:53)
StartStep 5: Darkening the Background, Wheels, Horses, and Ground (16:02)
StartStep 6: Adding More Layers to Several Areas (10:00)
StartStep: 7: Working on the Mid-tones (13:53)
StartStep 8: Working on the Man's Face (15:18)
StartStep 9: Working on the Woman's Face, Part 1 (12:06)
StartStep 10: Working on the Woman's Face, Part 2 (19:36)
StartStep 11: Refining the Background Using Unexpected Colors (8:33)
StartStep 12: Adding Detail to the Woman's Dress (13:02)
StartStep 13: Adding Detail to the Man's Suit (7:33)
StartStep: 14: Adding Detail to the Woman's Hat and Hair (10:39)